Recipe by Buster's friend
Received in an email from Pete Walley via gourmet_recipes_from_around_the_world. Sounds like a beautiful thing to use some of my many pints of fig preserves in! Can't wait to try (but will wait until my poor old mouth is healed up).
- 1⁄4 cup butter (margarine works too)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 22 ounces fig preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter in a 2 quart baking dish. Bake at 375* until butter melts. Remove from oven, and set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl. Add milk, egg, and vanilla, stirring until smooth. Pour batter into baking dish; spoon preserves over batter.
- Bake at 375* for 40 min., covering dish with aluminum foil after 20 minute Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.