Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From The Evolution of Cajun and Creole Cuisine by John Folse. Haven't tried this one yet but sounds good. Let me know how it turns out.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup Karo syrup
- 1⁄4 cup louisiana cane syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup fig preserves (figs chopped if whole)
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 9 inches pie shells, uncooked
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In large bowl combine sugar and corn starch. Add syrups, vanilla, eggs. Use wire whisk and blend thoroughly.
- Add nuts and preserves stirring into mixture. Season with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour into pie shell and bake on center rack for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 375 degrees and bake for 35 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.