Prep 50 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces process American cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained (I use Rotel)
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cajun seasoning or 3⁄4 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 8 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
- grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef, salt and pepper over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the onions, green pepper, celery, and garlic in butter until crisp-tender.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Return beef to the pan.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 cup American cheese, tomatoes, milk, and Cajun seasoning.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add fettuccine; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 3-quart baking dish.
- Top with remaining American cheese.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until heated well.