Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is a tasty recipe from the book '500 Low-Carb Recipes' by Danan Carpender. According to the book, each egg half contains 1g of carbs, a trace of fibre & 3g protein.
- 6 hardboiled egg
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons horseradish mustard
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- Slie the hard boiled eggs in half, carefully remove the yolks &* place them in a mixing bowl.
- Mash the yolks with a fork. Stir in the mayo & mustard, then mix until creamy.
- Add the Cajun seasoning & blend well.
- Spoon the mixture back into the hollows in the egg whites.
The horseradish is interesting! Traditionally, in the South devilled eggs are made with a sweet pickle relish stirred into the yolk mixture (which I LOVE), so I threw some of that in too.
These deviled eggs are quite tasty for how quick and easy they are to make. I love horseradish so I added an extra tsp. These are best if allowed to chill for a few hours and the flavors really develop. I sprinkled the finished eggs with some paprika. Thanx for sharing!
Nice! I like the bite of the horseradish in this. Very tasty and I'll be making these again for some spicy friends of mine! Made for Ramadan Tag. Thanks! :)