Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Famous Dave's Backroads & Sidestreets Recipes - inspired by America's Down Home Eateries.
- 1⁄2 cup paprika
- 6 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons basil
- 3 tablespoons file powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons cayenne (reduce by 1/2 if you want it mild)
- 2 tablespoons white pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
WOW! Spicy! I cut the recipe way down and used some on boneless chicken. Very good! I kept the rest of it in the pantry for later use. I left out the salt because of our diet. Thanks!!
Made for Spring PAC 2010, this recipe is a snap-your-finger quick & easy fix that will have a wide variety of uses including Creole-Cajun recipes, spice rub for meats & fish, seasoning for dips & sauses, etc. My 1st effort was to put a heaping tsp in a sml plastic bag filled w/Texas steak fries, shake things up & oven-bake them. They were well-flavored w/no added salt & I will use this same method in another of your recipes to follow. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.