Recipe by lkadlec
This is a great dish, but should only be attempted by someone who has experience with doing this. It is also expensive due to the large amount of oil needed. Not recommended for indoor cooking.
- peanut oil, for frying (about 5 gallons)
- 1 (10 -15 lb) turkey
- 6 teaspoons salt
- 6 teaspoons paprika
- 6 teaspoons white pepper
- 6 teaspoons cayenne
- 6 teaspoons Accent seasoning (optional)
- 16 ounces liquid crab boil concentrate
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse turkey inside and out.
- Mix 1 part crab boil concentrate to 4 parts water.
- Combine dry ingredients with crab boil solution.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Inject turkey (approximately 2" apart) with mixture using syringe (available from gourmet kitchen stores.).
- Cover turkey with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oil to 350°F
- CAUTION: Use a fryer thermometer to monitor the oil. It may ignite if the temperature goes beyond 375°F.
- Put turkey in basket and CAREFULLY lower it into the pot.
- Cook 5 minutes per pound.
- Check in 1 hour using a meat thermometer (you're looking for an internal temperature of 180F).