Recipe by Spyder-man
Adding a little kick to an old favorite. Great at a summer BBQ- easy to make and take!
Top Review by Shawn C
Brings back childhood memories- thanks. I have made this several times and I love it the next day better than the night I made it. something about the onions getting time to mellow out. YUM so I would say that you could make this the night before a cookout, just stir slightly cause liquid tends to separate out from the cukes
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 large purple onion (baseball sized)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Frank's red hot sauce
- cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cucumbers-peeled (if desired-I don't like the bitter taste the peel has) slice thick or thin your preference.
- Purple onion sliced thick or thin your preference into rings and rings separated.
- Place onion rings in very cold water for a few minutes then drain very well.
- Meanwhile mix in a nice serving bowl all remaining ingredients tasting and seasoning or adding more mayo if to thin.
- Tasting and adding what is needed for your taste.
- Fold in the onions now let sit in the refrigerator for about 2-4 hours. It will become watery in the fridge, so a quick folding with spatula before serving will mix everything back together.