Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
a nice side dish for any grilled protein
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 3⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, diced small
- 3⁄4 yellow onion, diced small
- 3⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced small
- 2 cups white rice, raw
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- saute vegetables in butter over medium heat until soft.
- add all other ingredients and stir well bring to a boil reduce the heat and cover.
- turn heat to low for 25 minutes.
Due to diet restrictions I used cauliflower rice for my base. But I used this recipe to create the dish. Since the cauliflower was basically cooked I just used 3/4 cup of chicken broth instead of the water. Also only used 1 1/2 tablespoons of seasoning. Family said it was magnificent. Thank you for helping me out
A very tasty and easy recipe. Only issue with this is it had a tad too much Cajun seasoning, or more it was too salty. I plan to use this over and over. Just plan to cut the seasoning. This could also be an issue with the seasoning I used and not the recipe.
Very good dish. A bit too spicey for me, but my husband raved. Next time I'll cut back on the cajun spice and serve my husband a bottle of hot sauce on the side. :) A big thanks to Shawn C for posting.