Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
a nice side dish for any grilled protein
Make and share this Cajun Creole Style Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 3⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, diced small
- 3⁄4 yellow onion, diced small
- 3⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced small
- 2 cups white rice, raw
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- saute vegetables in butter over medium heat until soft.
- add all other ingredients and stir well bring to a boil reduce the heat and cover.
- turn heat to low for 25 minutes.
Very good dish. A bit too spicey for me, but my husband raved. Next time I'll cut back on the cajun spice and serve my husband a bottle of hot sauce on the side. :) A big thanks to Shawn C for posting.
This was so good!! I am NOT a rice fan., but I am now! I added fresh mushroom also to this. That was the only thing different I did. Thanks
This was very easy to make with good results. I was out of red pepper so I added some green peas but otherwise stuck to the recipe. Thanks for the recipe