1/1 Photo of Cajun-Creole-Indian?? Cod ??
Girl from India's Note:
Two cuisines 1 dish and an Indian adaptation. So would you like to try it. Make it like the original or use my additions. From a Readers Digest Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 thick cod steaks (175 g , I use kingfish)
- 20 whole black peppercorns
- 10 allspice berries (I use a combo of nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 2 dried red chilies
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger paste (my addition)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (my addition)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (this I add - not in the original recipe)
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 1 lime, juice of
- lime wedge (to garnish)
- coriander sprig (to garnish)
- 1Crush the pepper, allspice, coriander, cumin, red chillies and garlic in a mortar with pestle.
- 2Marinate the steaks in this mix and gingerpaste,turmeric and salt for atleast 30 mins.
- 3Heat the oil and butter in a pan and add the cod to the pan cooking over moderate heat for 5 minutes each side.
- 4Until the fish is cooked.
- 5Take the fish out and keep warm in a warm oven or a warm platter covered.
- 6Add lime juice and stir till bubbling.
- 7Pour this sauce over the fish and garnish with lime wedges and coriander sprigs.
- 8Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun-Creole-Indian?? Cod ??
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.9
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 13.4 mg
- Sodium 4.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: