This is an adaption of a South Beach recipe. The features that make it a healthier and lower carb recipe are still in place, but I've added a Cajun twist to it. The result is a delicious crawfish patty with a tasty, spicy red pepper sauce. The original recipe calls for crab and it is just as tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Red Pepper Sauce
- 2 roasted red peppers (the variety that comes in a jar)
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
Crawfish or Crab Cakes
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons ground walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crab boil seasoning (like Old Bay)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 lb crawfish meat or 1 lb crabmeat
- 1/2-1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1Red Pepper Sauce: Puree roasted red peppers in a blender, then add mayonnaise and spices.
- 2Set aside and refrigerate.
- 3Crawfish Cakes: Heat 1 teaspoons olive oil in sauté pan, sauté onion and celery until soft.
- 4Place in a large mixing bowl.
- 5Mix remaining ingredients except bread crumbs.
- 6Place half of seafood mixture in a blender or processor and puree and return to mixing bowl and stir together.
- 7Place bread crumbs evenly on a cookie sheet.
- 8Form about 8 patties and coat them with bread crumbs.
- 9Heat remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a pan and cook patties in batches.
- 10Cook for about 2-3 minutes each side until brown and crisp on outside.
- 11Serve with red pepper sauce.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Crawfish/Crab Cakes With Spicy Red Pepper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.2
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 115.6 mg
- Sodium 378.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers
crab boil seasoning