Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Adapted from Cooking Light (April 2002).
Make and share this Cajun Crawfish Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups crawfish tail meat, cooked and coarsely chopped (about 9 ounces)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Coat a 9-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (flour through salt) in a large bowl.
- Combine crawfish and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring until moist.
- Pour batter into preheated pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.