Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from a local cooking show....and with changes made to my family's tastes.
Make and share this Cajun Crawfish Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 lbs crawfish tails, rinsed and drained
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 lb Velveeta Mexican cheese, cubed
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded Mexican blend cheese
- Prepare fettuccine according to package directions and set to side.
- Saute onions, bell pepper and celery in butter until tender.
- Add crawfish and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, flour, half and half and parsley.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add cubed Velveeta cheese and stir until melted.
- Combine prepared noodles with sauce and toss to coat well.
- Place in a greased 6 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with Mexican style cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes.