Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Cajun Cooking, a delicious Cajun pasta dish straight from the Bayou!
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lb crawfish tail, and fat
- 1⁄3 lb andouille sausage, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 pints cream
- red pepper, to taste
- 1 lb fettuccine, cooked
- Melt butter in heavy sauce pan and saute onions, parsley, crawfish and andouille until golden brown. Stir in flour. Add cream, red pepper and salt.
- Cook over med-low heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Serve over fettuccine with your favorite garlic bread.
Along with the rest of the ingredients, I used what is called the Holy Trinity in Cajun cuisine--bellpepper, onion and celery with a smidge of garlic and served over rice. This was delicious and as Justin Wilson would say, "I gahr-on-tee! Made for ZWT5
Definitely a calorie buster, but delicious! DS loves crawfish and andouille sausage, but most recipes have tomatoes in them, and he hates tomatoes. This recipe was a perfect solution to our dilemma! I used the butter, green onion, and parsley in the seasoning mix, but I also added garlic. I wasn't sure if the red pepper specified in the recipe was ground cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes....I added cayenne while cooking and then sprinkled extra red pepper flakes on my serving, because I like my food spicy! I ended up using 1 1/2 pints cream and 1/2 cup milk....ran out of cream, but it was still very rich tasting and creamy. In fact, I think you could reduce the amount of cream and fat by switching to 2 pints half and half, and 2 pints milk, without compromising the taste and texture of the recipe. I loved this and am adding it to my "to do again" list. Easy and delicious! Made for ZWT5!