Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good served as an appetizer spread on toast points.
Make and share this Cajun Crabmeat Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped scallion (white part only)
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided (Hellman's is preferred)
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard or 1 tablespoon fine brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- sweet paprika, to taste
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add in scallions, celery, bell pepper, and garlic; cook/stir until vegetables are just tender.
- Remove pan from heat; add 2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt, cayenne, and Tabasco; stir until blended.
- Add in the egg; whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the crabmeat; toss gently; scrape mixture into a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Pour the cream over the mixture; spread the remaining mayonnaise evenly over the top; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in a 350° oven for about 20 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve immediately.