1 hr 5 mins
Good served as an appetizer spread on toast points.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup finely chopped scallion (white part only)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided (Hellman's is preferred)
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard or 1 tablespoon fine brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- sweet paprika, to taste
- 1In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add in scallions, celery, bell pepper, and garlic; cook/stir until vegetables are just tender.
- 2Remove pan from heat; add 2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt, cayenne, and Tabasco; stir until blended.
- 3Add in the egg; whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- 4Add the crabmeat; toss gently; scrape mixture into a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- 5Pour the cream over the mixture; spread the remaining mayonnaise evenly over the top; sprinkle with paprika.
- 6Bake in a 350° oven for about 20 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Crabmeat Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.8
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 137.9 mg
- Sodium 825.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 15.7 g