Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is one of my favorite snacks. It can be served with crackers, or I like to eat it with the big corn chips (Scoops) or serve it in jumbo pasta shells. It's easily doubled if you want to use a whole brick of cream cheese and a pound of imitation crabmeat. This is fairly chunky; if you want it to be more spreadable, increase the amount of cream cheese/mayonnaise. Cook time is chill time.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat or 8 ounces surimi
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, mayonnaise, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder and ground red pepper with an electric mixer on medium speed till well combined.
- Stir in the imitation crab, chopped tomato and green onions.
- Cover and chill for 3-24 hours.
This made a very quick lunch for 2 adults and 2 toddlers with a little leftover for a snack for me later. We ate it immediately after prep, and it was great. Now, the next night, it's even better. I used drained canned diced tomatoes and onion powder rather than green onion.
This was a very good dip. I made as directed just cutting back a little on the ground red pepper, and served this with Fritos Scoops. Very good about 4 hours after making, and even better the next day.
Mailbelle, this was a tasty, quick cracker dipper that everyone enjoyed. With the exception of using fresh chopped garlic instead of ground powder I made as written. This was great.