Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
So fast, easy and super delicious.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups clam juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen white corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 lb canned crabmeat, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in onion and garlic and saute until onion is translucent.
- Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in clam juice and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add corn, salt, peppers, and thyme, mix well.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in cream and crab meat.
- Heat through.
- Add green onions, mix well and serve.
This was a very good soup! Next time I make it (yes, there will definitely be a next time), I might add a little more pepper to it, as I thought it could've used a little more heat, but then again, I like spicy. Thank you, Garnet for posting such a great recipe!
This, without a doubt, is the only recipe I use for crab bisque. Everyone I know that eats it adores it. I also use fresh crab meat and it is stellar. Thanks, Garnet!
This was wonderful!!!! Very easy and had enough zing to make it great but not to much to make it hard to eat!!!!! We used fresh crab instead of canned and it worked great. As part of the meal we had some bread for dipping in the soup and that turned out really well to.