Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love roasted potatoes! Spicy and flavorful! Adapted from Southern Recipes.
Make and share this Cajun Country Roasted Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- Preheat oven to 450*F.
- Combine potatoes and olive oil in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Add green bell pepper and onion, if using. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with seasonings and toss to coat well.
- Roast for about 35 minutes, stirring 2 to 3 times.
- Remove from oven and serve. Enjoy!
Yum. I love almost anything Cajun and loved these with my breakfast. Easy and good. Thanks for sharing, Sharon. Made for Name That Ingredient Tag.
Wow, these potatoes are amazing! I had them with a salad for a main dish and DH had them as a side for his burger. I did cut down on the salt and increase the garlic a little, and I just eyeballed the spices. Other than that, made exactly as directed. It was so quick and easy to throw together, this will be a regular at my house from now on. Thank you, Sharon!
Potato dishes are always an easy sell in my family. This one is no exception. I loved the addition of the pepper. I used a red pepper rather than green as that was what I had in the fridge. This was served with stuffed peppers. Made for Sharon's Cookathon 2010.