Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great basic salsa recipe for Farmer Market Cafe. Leave beans in it is Cajun. Do not use Black Beans and is Pico de Gallo for Mexican. My son in law does a black bean salsa version that competes with our local Roundys store in madison, Wi. This recipe is from the cookbook "Cajun Revelation" from the Acadiana's Award Winning Chefs, 1995 edition by the American Culinary Federation, Acadiana Chapter.
- 2 cups black beans, cooked
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded & diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, fine diced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, fine diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded & fine diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cajun spices, # 452804
- Toss together everything.
- Add lime juice and cilantro.
- Season to personal taste.
- Refrigerate and use slotted spoon to serve.