Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is an easy way to spice up a Cornish hen.
- 4 ounces hot smoked sausage, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup long grain white rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candel monte diced tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 4 (20 ounce) rock cornish hens
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Brown sausage in saucepan. Stir in rice; cook 2 minutes.
- Add undrained tomatoes, onions, pepper, garlic and thyme. Bring to boil. Cover; simmer 20 minutes (rice will be firm).
- Rinse hens; drain well. Stuff with rice mixture. Place breast side up on rack in shallow pan. Brush with butter.
- Bake at 375°F 1 hour or until done.