Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from marthawhite.com TIPS *To substitute for buttermilk, use 2 1/4 teaspoons vinegar or lemon juice plus milk to make 3/4 cup.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in 10-inch cast iron or ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add sausage, onion and bell pepper; cook until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- In large bowl, combine corn meal mix, buttermilk, eggs and remaining 3 tablespoons oil; blend well.
- Add corn, cheese and cooked sausage mixture.
- Wipe skillet clean with paper towel; spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour batter into skillet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and set.