Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A different kind of dressing..Cajun style! I like to make along with Cornish hens.
Make and share this Cajun Cornbread Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb andouille sausage, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 5 cups crumbled buttermilk cornbread
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- SEASONING MIX: Combine thoroughly, set aside.
- In large sauce pan, melt butter.
- Add onions, bell pepper, celery, garlic and bay leaves; cook over high heat about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add seasoning mix and continue cooking 5 more minutes.
- Stir in sausage, chicken broth and Tabasco.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat.
- Add cornbread, milk and eggs.
- Spoon into a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F until brown on top, about 40 minutes.
I made this for a potluck gathering and it was a hit. It was moist with a very nice touch of spice. This will now be a part of my holiday menu for as long as I'm cooking.