Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
My husband makes this and it is the best. Perfect for summer BBQs.
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn, in their husks
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Soak the ears of corn in cold water for at least 30 minutes.
- If necessary, use a weight to keep the ears of corn submerged in the water.
- While the corn is soaking, make the butter: Mix together the paprika and next 5 ingredients; add in the butter and mash it with the back of a fork, then stir to distribute the seasonings throughout.
- Pull back the husks on each ear of corn, leaving them attached at the stem.
- Remove and discard the corn silk.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of the seasoned butter evenly over the kernels of each ear of corn.
- Fold the husks back over the kernels and use a string or thin strip of husk to tie them at the top.
- Grill the corn over direct medium heat for about 25-30 minutes or until the kernels are tender (turn 3 or 4 times during gilling time).
- Don't worry if the husks brown or burn.
- Take corn from the grill.
- When cool enough to handle, carefully pull the husks back and cut them off with a knife.
- Serve warm.
Fabulous! Just the right amount of spice. Even those who didn't think they liked grilled corn loved it!!