Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
We fell in love with this delicious corn when we were introduced to it by our good Marine Corps friends in Lafayette, Louisiana while attending a reception. After many disappointing recipes, this is the one I rely on. No one is disappointed when they try this!
- 6 ears fresh corn or 2 1⁄2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- With sharp knife, cut kernels off corn cobs, if using fresh corn.
- In medium skillet heat 1 tablespoon butter with the oil.
- Add corn, onion, sugar and Tabasco sauce.
- Cook until corn is almost tender and starts to form a crust on bottom of pan.
- Gradually stir in broth, scraping up bits on bottom of pan.
- Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter and the cream.
- Cook for 5 minutes longer or until almost all liquid evaporates; stir frequently.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Add beaten egg; stir one minute or until egg is cooked.
- Serve with additional Tabasco sauce.