Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A classic South Louisiana dish with a slightly different twist. From Southern Living. Love it!!
Top Review by sugarpea
I wanted to serve this as a main dish so I cut the andouille in thin diagonal slices. Don't try that. Too much of a good thing at one time. That's a mouthful of hot! It would have been perfect if I'd just followed the instructions and diced the sausage. So learn from my mistake.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups frozen white shoepeg corn, thawed
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb andouille sausage, cooked and diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onions with top
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil (over medium heat) in a large skillet.
- Saute the onion and bell pepper for 8 minutes or until tender.
- Add in the corn, tomato, and sausage; stir frequently and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add in the green onions, salt and pepper; cook 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.