Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Haven't made these yet. Posting so I don't lose the recipe. But crab and anything well almost anything sounds good to me.
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for frying)
- In large bowl, beat egg.
- Carefully pick through crabmeat, removing any pieces of shell. Keep lumps of crabmeat as large as possible.
- To beaten egg, add crabmeat, Cajun spice blend, mayonnaise and corn.
- Using a round mold or by hand, form crab mixture into about 24 two-inch-wide flat cakes.
- On sheet of waxed paper, evenly spread crumbs.
- Dredge cakes lightly in bread crumbs to coat.
- Heat nonstick skillet over moderate heat; add olive oil.
- Add cakes to skillet; cook through, turning once when first side is nicely browned.
- Remove and drain crab cakes on absorbent paper.
Moist and delicious--a great way to use leftover corn!