Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3⁄4 lb ground round
- 1⁄4 lb ground turkey breast
- cooking spray
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 3⁄4 cup green onion top, cut into 2-inch julienne strips
- Prepare grill.
- Combine cheeses; set aside.
- Combine breadcrumbs and next 5 ingredients (breadcrumbs through turkey). Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side. Sprinkle burgers evenly with cheese mixture. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until burgers are done and cheese melts. Place buns, cut sides down, on grill rack; grill 1 minute or until toasted. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun; top each serving with 1/4 cup lettuce, 3 tablespoons onions, and top half of bun.
Great burgers. I didn't add the bread crumbs and don't think I really missed them. The spice and cheese mixtures were so tasty.
Yummy! I'm going to try the spices on rib steaks along with the cheese mixture melted on top next time.