Recipe by Charlotte J
Still looking for recipes to use up my bottle of So Co. This recipe calls for you to refrigerate it for several hours before baking it.
- 1 lb spicy bulk sausage
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 6 slices bread, stale
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup Southern Comfort
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 pinch ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage in skillet, adding onions and peppers.
- Cut bread into small cubes and cover bottom of buttered 2-qt casserole.
- Sprinkle cheese over bread, then add sausage mixture.
- Slightly beat eggs and add milk, Southern Comfort and seasonings.
- Add to casserole and cover.
- Refrigerate for several hours, then bake at 350ºF for 60 minutes.