Recipe by Okitsme
This is an adaptation of a Justin Wilson recipe which I have been making for more than 20 years. The hot sauce can be adjusted to suit your taste. I use the pre-washed, chopped collards sold in bags. This is the only way my family will eat collards since I started making them with this recipe. Hope ya'll like it too! :)
Top Review by mama smurf
This was very good! I hadn't really fixed collards and this turned out great. Definately will make again. Served this along with recipe#362125#362125 and recipe#298542#298542. Made for Fall PAC tag game 2012. Thank you for posting.
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups white wine
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 lbs collard greens (bagged, pre-washed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in a Dutch oven until almost done.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until the onions are clear.
- Cover the bacon, onions and garlic with 4 cups water, heat to boiling.
- Add wine, soy sauce, salt, hot sauce and collards.
- Return to a boil and simmer for 1 hour.