Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an adaptation of a Justin Wilson recipe which I have been making for more than 20 years. The hot sauce can be adjusted to suit your taste. I use the pre-washed, chopped collards sold in bags. This is the only way my family will eat collards since I started making them with this recipe. Hope ya'll like it too! :)
- Fry bacon in a Dutch oven until almost done.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until the onions are clear.
- Cover the bacon, onions and garlic with 4 cups water, heat to boiling.
- Add wine, soy sauce, salt, hot sauce and collards.
- Return to a boil and simmer for 1 hour.
This was very good! I hadn't really fixed collards and this turned out great. Definately will make again. Served this along with Pulled Pork#362125 and Country Style Baked Beans#298542. Made for Fall PAC tag game 2012. Thank you for posting.
Laizzez le bonne temps rouler! This is soooo good, ma cherie!! I knew it would be when I smelled it cooking. Made for the Ragin' Cajun Event in Cooking Photos.