Recipe by princess buttercup
A kicky change from regular coleslaw!
Top Review by yooper
This one's a winner! I made the night before and let it marinate overnight in the frig as suggested by Princess Buttercup. It did pack a punch, but wasn't overly spicy! For the bell peppers I used a combo of red and green, which provided some nice color to the overall dish. This is a welcome departure from everyday coleslaw!
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise (heaping)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard (heaping)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 4 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 medium onions, shredded
- 1 large cabbage, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients for dressing in medium size bowl;in order, mixing well before adding next ingredient.
- Place shredded cabbage, peppers, and onions in a large salad bowl.
- Pour sauce over and toss well.
- This should be done about an hour before serving.
- Tastes even better the next day.