Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A kicky change from regular coleslaw!
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise (heaping)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard (heaping)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 4 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 medium onions, shredded
- 1 large cabbage, shredded
- Combine ingredients for dressing in medium size bowl;in order, mixing well before adding next ingredient.
- Place shredded cabbage, peppers, and onions in a large salad bowl.
- Pour sauce over and toss well.
- This should be done about an hour before serving.
- Tastes even better the next day.
This one's a winner! I made the night before and let it marinate overnight in the frig as suggested by Princess Buttercup. It did pack a punch, but wasn't overly spicy! For the bell peppers I used a combo of red and green, which provided some nice color to the overall dish. This is a welcome departure from everyday coleslaw!
We LOVE this coleslow, pb. I also made it the night before which is a very good idea. The flavors are more pronounced. Used red and green bell pepper, like Yooper, to make it more colorful. The dressing is spectacular and may use on other things. This went perfect with fried catfish and hush puppies. Thanks for the recipe.
I halved the recipe and had along with our cajun chicken fingers and potato fries. Excellent accompaniment! Thanks!