Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I serve this slaw with grilled foods that have been seasoned with a cajun or creole dry rub.
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons green onions, white tops and some green
- 3 tablespoons celery, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, inced
- 4 cups coleslaw mix, like Dole's
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- louisiana hot sauce or Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry cajun seasoning (Zatarain's, Prudhomme's)
- salt and pepper
- Mince the vegetables.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, milk, salt, pepper, Tabasco, and Cajun seasoning.
- Toss the coleslaw and vegetables in the dressing.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
I love this coleslaw! I just made it to go with some blackened fish and sweet potatoes, and i think i could eat the whole bowl. I gave my son (6) a taste and he immedietly asked for some for lunch, which rates 5 stars in my book lol. i did add a little bit of celery seed nd ill probaaly serve it with hot sauce since i couldnt put too much in. TY for the great recipe!
This was very tastey. I used hidden valley cole slaw dressing istead of the dressing listed. Was a little blad for DH but we had spicey ribs so it was a nice balance for me. I did add more of the seasoning mix. Thanks for the post.