Recipe by Outta Here
A zesty alternative to your usual slaw. Make this about an hour before serving so flavors have a chance to meld, or make the day before and refrigerate until ready to serve. To make this vegetarian, use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. Cook time is refrigeration time.
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon louisiana hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and shredded
- 1 large green cabbage head, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the mayonnaise and mustard until combined. Add olive oil slowly while whisking and whisk until the mixture has returned to the original thickness of the mayo.
- Add the hot sauce, ketchup, vinegar, worcestershire and lemon juice, whisking completely after each addition.
- Stir in the garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- Place bell peppers, onion and cabbage in a large bowl, pour dressing over and toss to thoroughly combine.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve cold.