Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Coffee that'll warm you down to the tips of your toes!
Make and share this Cajun Coffee recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups brewed coffee (hot and strong)
- 6 tablespoons molasses
- 6 tablespoons dark rum (optional)
- whipped cream
- freshly ground nutmeg
- Combine the coffee and molasses in a saucepan.
- Heat, stirring, until molasses is dissolved and coffee is very hot (do not allow to boil).
- Pour 1 tablespoon of rum into each of 6 mugs.
- Add the coffee.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Do not stir before drinking.
I'm sorry but DH (he's the late night coffee drinker) said it was bitter and lacked sweetness. Overall he did not care for this drink. In other words his toes didn't get warmed. But thanks for letting him try your recipe. :)
I enjoyed this tasty coffee very much. The molasses and rum give it a unique flavor, its dark, deep and velvety. Thanks for sharing Mercy.
Its good with rum and even better with Kahlua