Recipe by Mercy
Coffee that'll warm you down to the tips of your toes!
Top Review by teresas
I'm sorry but DH (he's the late night coffee drinker) said it was bitter and lacked sweetness. Overall he did not care for this drink. In other words his toes didn't get warmed. But thanks for letting him try your recipe. :)
- 3 cups brewed coffee (hot and strong)
- 6 tablespoons molasses
- 6 tablespoons dark rum (optional)
- whipped cream
- freshly ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the coffee and molasses in a saucepan.
- Heat, stirring, until molasses is dissolved and coffee is very hot (do not allow to boil).
- Pour 1 tablespoon of rum into each of 6 mugs.
- Add the coffee.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Do not stir before drinking.