PSU Lioness's Note:
A bit spicy, but worth it. I can't remember what cookbook I found this in but my ex used to request it on a regular basis. It calls for a skillet that can be baked, but I used an 8x8 baking dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, in sauce
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into rings
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into rings
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) packages corn muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In large skillet, cook and stir ground turkey over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- 3In medium bowl, combine turkey, chili beans, 1 Tbsp seasoning, and garlic; set aside.
- 4Slice 6 rings from each bell pepper for a total of 12 rings. Arrange bell pepper rings in an overlapping circular pattern on the bottom of deep skillet.
- 5Chop onion; sprinkle over bell pepper.
- 6Carefully spoon turkey mixture over vegetables in skillet.
- 7In medium bowl, combine muffin mixes, remaining seasoning mix and half of the cheese; mix well.
- 8Add water and eggs; mix well and pour over turkey mixture.
- 9Bake uncovered 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 10Remove skillet from oven. Loosen edges of cornbread. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Chili Cornbread Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (450 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 684.9
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 186.8 mg
- Sodium 1286.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 33.6 g