Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this out of a magazine its a delicious tasty barbecue recipe.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 -2 teaspoon cajun seasoning (depending on how much spice you like)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (I use Best Foods)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- Slice chicken breasts in half.
- Place between plastic wrap and flatten slightly, making sure they are all of equal thickness.
- Mix the mayonnaise, ginger, lime juice, tabasco and salt & pepper together and rub half of it over the chicken breasts.
- Dust lightly with the Cajun spice mix.
- Place on a heated barbecue grill and sear for at 4-5 minutes.
- Turn and sear the other side for at least 5 minutes.
- Chicken should be well heated through and cooked in middle when cut.
- Serve with a dollop of the ginger & lime mayonnaise on the side.
Another dish which makes me joyful humans are at the top of the food chain...and in that endeavor, glad the opportunity for success is everywhere.
I made a few modifications to this recipe... firstly, I used turkey breasts instead of chicken as I had some I needed to use; second, I didn't feel like hauling out the grill so I baked the turkey in the oven in a covered casserole dish for an hour, covered in the mayonnaise sauce. It turned out very nicely, juicy and tender, and the sauce was appreciated by everyone. Thanks Ma Duck!
Great chicken recipe for the grill! We loved the tang of the lime. The only thing I'd change next time is to add a bit more ginger. Thanks for a great low carb, low fat meal!