Packaged chicken strips, a boon to time-starved cooks, are a fast start for this pasta toss
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 package fettuccine
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb chicken, stir-fry strips or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomatoes, drained or 4 fresh plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni or 1/2 cup chorizo sausage (optional)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, stir seasonings together and toss with chicken.
- 3Prepare all remaining ingredients.
- 4Heat oil in a large frying pan set over medium-high heat.
- 5Add chicken and stir-fry until it loses its pink colour, about 4 minutes.
- 6Add peppers, tomatoes and pepperoni, if using.
- 7Stir often for 5 minutes.
- 8Remove pan from heat and stir in sour cream.
- 9Toss with cooked pasta.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Chicken with Fettuccine
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.8
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 64.4 mg
- Sodium 73.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: