Prep 5 mins
Cook 17 mins
Packaged chicken strips, a boon to time-starved cooks, are a fast start for this pasta toss
Make and share this Cajun Chicken with Fettuccine recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 package fettuccine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb chicken, stir-fry strips or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomatoes, drained or 4 fresh plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pepperoni or 1⁄2 cup chorizo sausage (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir seasonings together and toss with chicken.
- Prepare all remaining ingredients.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan set over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and stir-fry until it loses its pink colour, about 4 minutes.
- Add peppers, tomatoes and pepperoni, if using.
- Stir often for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Toss with cooked pasta.
This was good...tasty.... spicy and very easy to prepare...i will make again Catherine
This was outstanding! Very easy, very fast, reeeeeally tasty. I used orange and yellow bell peppers instead of the green; and since we are smoked-chorizo challenged here, all I can get is bulk (which I *hate* to cook because of the mess and all the grease... so I actually threw the bulk chorizo into the vegetable steamer and it turned out GREAT... all the grease drained into the water). The dish was a great success and my husband and I are both looking forward to lunch today for the leftovers! Thanks, Tish, for another great recipe.
I took some additional shortcuts and the dish was fantastic. I used already seasoned chicken strips and basil oregano, and garlic flavored diced tomatoes. Since the chicken and tomatoes were already seasoned I did not have to use any additional spices. The pepperoni tasted great along with everything else.I also chopped up an onion and just added one green pepper. The entire meal was done in 30 minutes, and my family loved it! I'll not only make it again but pass it on to my time starved co workers. Thanks!