1/1 Photo of Cajun Chicken With Collard Greens
This is a quick and easy weeknight meal. The chicken is cooked in one skillet and another is used to cook the collard greens, which are spiked with black eyed peas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons blackening seasoning or 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch collard greens, stems discarded and leaves cut into strips (about 10 cups)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat; season the chicken with the blackening seasoning or Cajun seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 2Cook until browned and cooked through, about 6 to 7 minutes per side; transfer to serving plates.
- 3Meanwhile, heat a second skillet, over medium high heat with 3 tablespoons oil; add garlic, red pepper, cook, tossing frequently, until softened about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Add the collards, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, tossing, until collards are just tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 5Stir in black eyed peas and cook until heated through, 1 or 2 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Chicken With Collard Greens
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.8
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 108.8 mg
- Sodium 540.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 44.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: