Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Yum! These are easy and light, yet very good!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 12 slices tomatoes
- 6 lettuce leaves
- Flatten chicken to 1/2 inch thickness. Brush both sides with oil.
- Combine seasonings, rub over both sides of chicken. Arrange in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Cover and refrigerate minimum 2 hours.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting grill. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear.
- Serve on rolls with tomato and lettuce.
This is my son's favorite chicken sandwich. It is a Light & Tasty 'classic' in our home. We actually prefer it using the boneless skinless chicken thighs. They come out so nice and tender.
We loved the seasoning on the chicken, and felt it was perfect with just lettuce and tomato, which allowed the lovley flavours of the seasoned chicken through. We did add a touch of dejong mustard to the bun. Just made two and enjoyed them very much, we will make them again, thanks for posting.
I loved the chicken, it was wonderfully seasoned and oh so tasty. I did feel that just the lettuce and tomato's were a bit plain for the wonderful chicken used here and would benefit from the addition of something extra like sliced black olives and or pepperonchini. I'm sure that is not spelled right but I mean the yellow hot Italian peppers.