Recipe by Boo Chef in West Texas
posted for ZWT 5
Top Review by gailanng
I only had green banana peppers and wasn't too particular about arranging them with the olives as suggested. The star of the show was the dressing which reminisces of a sweet remoulade fusing the spicy, pickled and crunchy. Memoires from The Cook. Made for POTLUCK.
- 5 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- cajun seasoning
- 8 ounces mixed salad greens, of lettuce shredded carrots and red cabbage
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, cut in 4 wedges or 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 medium yellow banana pepper rings
- 8 medium red banana pepper rings
- 4 Spanish olives
- 4 black olives
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup bottled white wine vinaigrette
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Season both sides of chicken breast with Cajun seasoning.
- Grill or broil about 3 to 4 minutes each side, until juices run clear.
- Slice into thin strips when cool.
- Place salad mixture in a large salad bowl, preferably glass.
- Add tomato. On salad place yellow pepper rings inside red rings with olives in center.
- Top with sliced chicken.
- Serve Cajun dressing on the side.
- FOR DRESSING.
- Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate overnight to blend flavors.