Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is devine--great for a romantic night with your other half.
Top Review by cedarcape
I love this dish. I'm not crazy about sun dried tomatoes though so I just put in two diced roma tomatoes. I also added a bit more green onion and stirred the parmesan into the sauce at the end to make sort of an alfredo sauce. I used about a 1/4 cup. It was really good! I also used penne pasta instead of linguine.
- 4 ounces linguine
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 thinly sliced green onion
- 1 -2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot with boiling water cook pasta until done then drain.
- Meanwhile, place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat and green onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through.
- Pour over linguini and toss. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.