Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Linguine and chicken with a cajun-spiced sauce.
- 4 ounces linguine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, sliced into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add linguine, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl, and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter until no longer pink and juices run clear, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add green bell pepper, red bell pepper, mushrooms and green onion; cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat, and stir in heavy cream.
- Season the sauce with dried basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper, and heat through.
- In a large bowl, toss linguini with sauce.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Used Penne pasta instead. Excellent. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
This was a very good recipe. I used additional cajun seasoning, because I like my food spicy. I did not add cornstarch, as the pasta thickened the sauce when mixed together. I will definately make this again.
This is an excellent meal! I substituted milk and a bit of cornstarch dissolved to thicken it.Wonderful!