Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chicken dredged in Cajun spices is sauteed with bell peppers and mushrooms, and presented in a basil-cream sauce over linguine.
- 4 ounces linguine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Place the chicken and the Cajun seasoning in a plastic bag. Shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the chicken in butter or margarine until almost tender (5 to 7 minutes).
- Add the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, mushrooms and green onion. Saute and stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat. Add the cream, basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper. Heat through.
- Add the cooked linguine, toss and heat through.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.