Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband made this for supper one night and I LOVED IT! I'm not sure where the recipe came from, it was his 'secret'. This is a recipe that could be played around with by adding shrimp, more seasoning, mushrooms, etc. Although, I liked it just the way it is.
- 4 ounces linguine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Place the chicken and the Cajun seasoning in a plastic bag. Shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the chicken in butter or margarine until almost tender (5 to 7 minutes).
- Add the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, mushrooms and green onion. Saute and stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat.
- Add the cream, basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper. Heat through. Add the cooked linguine, toss and heat through. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
This was very good and my son really liked it as well. I used shallots instead of green onion (that's all I had) and I cooked them with the chicken. I used about a tbsp of cajun seasoning on the chicken and added a little more before serving (we like our food spicy). I put the parmesan cheese in with the cream (I used half and half). It turned out great and it was very easy to make on a busy weeknight. I will be making this again. Thanks!
This was good, but we ended up needing to add Tabasco to spice it up a bit.
I made this for dinner and it is delicious!! I used only one whole green pepper, and added mushrooms. For the cajun seasoning I used white pepper, black pepper, thyme, oregano, basil, chili powder, crushed red pepper, paprika, and salt (I didn't measure...just dumped in the bag until I had about 2 tsp, maybe more). I think I will have to try it with half-and-half next time, to cut down on the fat. I did have to remove the chicken from the pan and cook the veggies for a little while longer than the recipe states, but it was no big deal.