Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pretty easy, but tastes like it was difficult
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 green onion, julienned
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large pot filled 3/4 w/salted water, bring to boil.
- Add noodles and cook 8-10 minutes(al dente)Drain and set aside.
- Toss chicken breast in bowl w/cajun spice until well coated.
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat, add chicken and butter nad saute.
- Add peppers, onion, celery.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add cream.
- Season w/salt, garlic, basil and pepper.
- Add noodles and lemon juice, and toss.
- Cookm until sauce thickens.
- Add 1/2 parm, toss again.
- Top w/remaining parm and serve.
This is very simple and the flavors are exquisit! I also added crayfish to the dish and used penne pasta instead of fettuccine. This is by far one of the best cajun recipes I've made.
Made this for dinner tonight and it got rave reviews from my family. We like our food a little spicy so I used 2 TBSP of cajun seasoning. I omitted the celery because I didn't have any, and I substituted lemon pepper for the lemon juice and black pepper. I don't think it affected the outcome at all. Great recipe! Thanks for sharing.