Recipe by MelinOhio
This is easy and economical in summer when tomatoes are in season, also healthy and low fat, and best of all delicious. It smells so good when cooking. I serve with potato rolls.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder; set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except rice in large dutch oven.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add chicken, and return to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until tender.
- Serve over rice.