Recipe by Basque Princess
"Cajun cooking is a combination of French and Southern cuisines. It is robust, country style cookery - and so is this dish! Laissez le bon temp roulez and bon appetit!"
Top Review by lazyme
Simple and tasty. I used a homemade Cajun seasoning mix that I made a few days ago which added a nice amount of spice. I didn't have red bell peppers but other than that, made as directed. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
- 4 ounces linguine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Place the chicken and the Cajun seasoning in a plastic bag. Shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the chicken in butter or margarine until almost tender (5 to 7 minutes).
- Add the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, mushrooms and green onion. Sauté and stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat.
- Add the cream, basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper. Heat through. Add the cooked linguine, toss and heat through.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.