Recipe by CookbyFire
Perfect for people who like spicy food. Takes a little bit of time, but you don't really have to sit in the kitchen and watch it. This might be better with wild rice or long grain.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups rice
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken breasts in cook wear and bake on 375* for 20 minutes, take out flip.
- Start water boiling for rice.
- Put chicken back in oven for another 20 minutes.
- After water boils put rice in, cover, turn stove down low to simmer for 20 minutes.
- When time is up on chicken smother it in salsa and bake for another 10 minutes.
- As chicken bakes put kidney beans, tomato paste, cayenne, cumin, marjoram in rice and stir.
- Put rice on a plate, put sliced up chicken breast over it, pour the salsa left over on top of the chicken and rice, and serve.
- *Side note* this is really good with a dry white wine.