Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Spicy Cajun twist on a classic.
Make and share this Cajun Chicken Noodle Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 5 cups water
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked chicken, and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb andouille sausage, cooked & sliced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 inches lemongrass, minced (food processor works best)
- 1 (8 ounce) package tofu shirataki noodles, cut up (fettuccine style)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon cajun spices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large soup pot, combine water and chicken stock. Add chicken, sausage, celery, onion, peppers, garlic, and lemongrass. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes. Next, add noodles, bouillon, spices, and bay leaf. Simmer an additional 10 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.