Recipe by Lainey39
These are easy to make and taste great right out of the oven. I like to make these when I have leftover baked chicken breasts.
Top Review by Shelby Jo
These were very tasty. It was pretty simple and quick to throw together as well. The recipe didn't state anywhere that the chicken should be cut up, but I just assumed it was since you had to combine it with all of the other ingredients. I was out of tomatoes, so i didn't have that on my melts, but it was still great. I can't wait to try it with the tomatoes sometime. Even though it says cajun, it's not overly spicy so don't be afraid to try this recipe if you don't like spice. Thanks so much for posting Lainey...another winner!
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, baked and cut into pieces
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 10 slices Italian bread, 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, 1/2 cup cheese, onion, green pepper, mayonnaise, Cajun seasoning and garlic.
- Spread over bread slices.
- Top each with a tomato slice; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until bread is toasted and golden brown.