Prep 33 mins
Cook 30 mins
from 1995 cooking light
- 5 large ears of corn
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 cups chopped red bell peppers
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cut whole kernels from ears of corn to measure 4 cups; set aside, and.
- discard cobs.
- Combine garlic powder and the next 6 ingredients (garlic powder through.
- ground red pepper); stir well. Place 2 tablespoons garlic powder mixture.
- in a shallow dish, and dredge chicken in garlic powder mixture; set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove.
- from pan; set aside.
- Add chicken to pan, and cook over medium-high heat 1 minute on each side.
- or until browned. Remove from pan, and set aside. Add bell pepper and.
- onion to pan, and sauté 5 minutes. Add corn, remaining garlic powder.
- mixture, tomato, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook over medium heat 30.
- minutes. Return the chicken to pan, nestling chicken into corn mixture;.
- cook 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Spoon 1-1/4 cups corn mixture on each of 4 individual plates, and top with.
- 1 chicken breast half. Crumble bacon over each serving, and sprinkle with.